- 2 pounds skinned, filleted fish (snapper, swordfish..) cut into 1 and 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, dribbled, cut crosswise.
- 4 medium onions, peeled and cut crosswise, paper thin.
- 1 and 1/2 cups green beans, cut into julienne
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup malt or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbp salt
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 large carrots, cut into julienne
In a pot, bring water, vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, bay leaf, cayenne pepper, salt, and peppercorns to a boil over high heat. Add the carrots and cook until tender. Remove the carrots, place in ice water. Repeat with green beans. Set vegetables aside, including onions and peppers, reserving the poaching liquid. In a skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add fish cubes and brown on both sides. After, place on paper towels to drain. Pour poaching liquid over fish, including vegetables, and enjoy.
For other great Cuban recipes, visit www.cubanfoodmarket.com . Over 3000 Cuban specialties. See our Free Shipping offer.