Chicken Soup with Rice
Sopa de Pollo con Arroz
- 2 chicken bullions (or home made chicken stock)
- 5 cups of water
- 3/4 lb of chicken breast, boneless and skinless; cut to small bite size cubes.
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced crosswise
- 3 tsp of butter
- 1 cup of cooked white rice
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped fine
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
In a stock pot bring the water to a boil and add the bullions , 1/2 tsp salt and the cut chicken. Set heat to low and let simmer.
In a small pan sauté with butter the onions, carrots and celery until the onions are translucent and the carrots tender . Add to the stock pot and simmer for another 25 minutes. Add the rice and let simmer for 5 more minutes. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped parsley when serving.
For other great Cuban recipes, visit www.cubanfoodmarket.com . Over 3000 Cuban specialties. See our Free Shipping offer.